Create a Business Page in Facebook
To create a business page in facebook, there are some basic steps to follow.
Note: To have a business page in facebook, first and formost you need to create a facebook account.
After completion of creating your facebook account, follow the corresponding steps as follows.
Step 1: Create a page from your account.
- Click on the arrow on the top right corner of your Facebook home page.
- Choose create page
Step 2: Choose a business category for your page
In your category page, select type of the page that you want to create from the following categories.
- Local Business or Place
- Company, Organisation or Institution
- Brand or Product
- Artist, Band or Public Figure
- Cause or Community
Step 3: Choose an industry specific category
- Choose the category that matches your business and specify business name, street address, city/country, post code, phone.
- Agree the Facebook Page Terms
- Click Get Started button to proceed.
Step 4: Optimise and start connecting
- Add a description and your site address, if you have one.
- Add a profile picture from your device
- Add your Page to Favourites on your account, so that yo will have easy access to it when you Log In.
- With Reach more people, you can start reaching new audience immediately.
- Click Save Info button and your Page is ready to go.
Improve the business
Step 1: Claim your facebook URL
Keep your facebook URL clear and neat and importantly branded. It is also more search engine friendly and allows you to maintain consistency across different social media platforms such as Twitter and Google+.
Step 2: Fully complete your About section
In About section of your facebook business page, there are number of fields to fill the detail information. But the main two sections are more important for business is About and Description.
Use the About space strategically and populate it with your Unique Selling Proposition. This is what page visitors will see when they land on your timeline.
In the Description section, you have more space to elaborate on what makes your company great. Insert relevant keywords to your business in order to maximize search potential.
Step 3: Maximise your Tabs
Facebook provides 12 different content subpage on your facebook page. By default only 4 are shown with a small arrow to expand the view so you can see all the available Tabs.
Facebook allows you to set up Tabs for Events, Notes, Videos and Groups, but you can also setup Tabs that pull content from elsewhere on the web.
Step 4: Always Post Photos
Updating a post with photos increase the fans in facebook. One such way is to always post the right type of content, or more specifically: images.
Step 5: Add an Email Opt-in Tab
Facebook is sleeping giant. Just like all social networking. you do something they don’t like, they will shutting down without any alerts.
You do not own your Facebook fans. You do however, own an email list you’ve built. An email list has direct revenue value to your business. So, create an opt-in page where people can join up to your email list in exchange for something you can give them.