Yahoo has partnered with Media.net and launched an ad network for Web publishers against Google’s AdSense network. The service, called Yahoo Bing Network Contextual Ads. Media.net is in charge of the technology, business operations and relationships with publishers, while Yahoo is doing the same for advertisers.
Media.Net enables web publishers to easily and effectively earn advertising revenue. Publishers can use self-serve platform to create and customize ad units that display relevant text ads consisting of sponsored links and ad topics from the Yahoo! Bing Network. Here, No matter how broad or niche your website is – they have advertisers appropriate for your web content and niche. Multiple relevant advertisers participate in real-time auctions to deliver only the highest paying ads on your pages, So more the competitors, more the revenue you get.
As of now, Media.net is not accepting all the publishes for the program, you need to send the ‘Request An Invite’ note by filling your website details in Media.net http://www.media.net/
They have separate team for reviewing the publishers account and may approve / disapprove based on their criteria. Generally approval process takes 8-15 days. Each website is reviewed manually before getting approved.
Once the website is approved, you have wonderful system to generate the code based on different sizes and colors. The system provides option to add additional websites if any. Please note that, Media.net is contextual ad network, which means the advertisement is purely based on the context of your web page. For Example, If your page is about mobile phones, You can see all Ads about mobile phones. Hence users CTR ration is very high for Media.net.
How is the performance of Media.net and earnings & What are all the Pros of Media.net ?
1. As soon as you get an approved media.net account, you will be assigned an account manager, and he will be helping with setup and getting started. If you Would like to optimize ads (color, text and others), your account manager will do this for you. Also he shares many tips to increase the revenue based on the request.
2. The have wonderful reporting system, you can view the impression stats online any time, but only the revenue gets updated on the next day. Reporting dashboard is very neat and easy to get accustomed with.
3. As i said earlier, If you have one approved account with media.net, you can use the same account to run advertisements on multiple websites. Though, you need to get approval for every website, which is easy with the help of site manager.
4. The Media.Net , CTR rate is extremely high because of their keyword and Ad design, accordingly your rate also will be determined. In Media.net, there are no good website or bad website, If you have more competition from advertiser for your website, the rate gets improved automatically.
5. Most of the cases, the CPC rates are higher than Google Adsense, Chitika, etc., Which is remarkable point needs to be noted.
6.This is the great alternative for those, whose Google Adsense got blocked.
What are all the Issues or problems in Media.net ?
1.Media.net performs well for US and Canada traffic, they have better rates for these countries. But for other countries their rates are pretty low.
2.Yahoo / Bing doesn’t have Advertisers for many countries in the world, hence rates are low in some places.
3.On the first few days, Media.net offers very high RPM rates to encourage publishers, but slowly it get reduced based on the website quality and geo location. It irritates many of the webmasters.
4.If any site does not have American traffic and poor performance, it gets terminated without proper communication or response.
My Overall Impression with Media.net.
Personally I am satisfied with Media.net for the websites running without Google Ad sense.